Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Still no power, new estimate of Sept. 25th.


Well I originally thought power would be restored by Friday and then Monday, but the updated map shows our zipcode will not be complete till Sept 25th. I guest it could be worse, I heard Alvin was told after October 6th. This storm is going to cost billions....and those poor people with nothing left in Galveston. What a mess.

Mike and I have been cleaning up. It is a big mess. A lot of chainsawing trees, grinding limbs and and raking. We have made quite a few trips to Home Depot and Lowes to get the supplies necessary to clean up. I think we will have most of it cleaned up this weekend except what is hanging on the power lines (not going near that....obviously) Which is also the only damage I have seen so far to my property. I have down lines and broken fence. Really not too bad, but I bet it is going to be about 40 man hours of work to get the yard cleaned up.

Big thanks to Mike for all the help.

No comments: