Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 26, 2010

The Amish

We went up to a town called Shippshewana which is where there are alot of Amish. It's one of the coolest things I've seen. It's like literally stepping back in time. I had to sneak to take pictures because they REALLY don't like to be photographed. We stayed at the Essenhaus Inn and ate at their restaurant. It's family style and there aren't many choices, but there don't need to be. The food was the best I had eaten the entire trip. Unfortunately I got so wrapped up in everything, I forgot to take pics of the hotel. I did manage to get one of the view from the room.
We stopped in at 2 Amish bakeries (they are little unairconditioned rooms attached to their farms) and bought some goodies. Grrrrrrrreat stuff. I shipped some of the stuff home so Ned could enjoy it too!


View from the room


Buggies









Neat Amish guy


Okay so we drove by this buggy...who had stopped to pick up some people..


And I kinda missed...lol
So I tried again later...same luck!!!

This was parked at a hardware store.











Look at all that stuff!!!!!!!

No comments: