Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, May 10, 2010

The Mother of all weeks

Wow. It's been a rough couple of weeks. At least it all ended on a good note. Mother's Day. I am so blessed to be able to celebrate that holiday.
Ok, so as you know, B had been sick. She ended up going back to the doc for a second visit due to her temp peaking at almost 104. That was prob the closest we've ever come to going to the ER. So, in the middle of her illness, I wake up at 4am with horrible, and I mean horrible, stomach cramps etc. I'll spare you the rest of the details. I was just worn out. Poor Ned, he is such an awesome husband. He was trying to fix the.....ohhhh...I forgot to tell you....in the middle of all THAT, our water tank flooded the game room. It appears to have had a hole in it. So in the middle of all that mess Ned was taking care of B and the tank. I couldn't even be near food, it made me gag. On Thurs Nana came and took B for the day so I could rest to get better.
Ok, so back to the water tank....it flooded the gameroom not once but twice. After we got the new one installed, we had been dealing with leaking pipes. So Ned would have to turn off the water, fix the pipe, turn back on the water, watch for leaks, and repeat. We finally had water after about 2 days so I rushed to take a shower. In the middle of the shower, the water starts trickling. It gets less...and less...and no water. So I wait. I'm covered in soap, got conditioner in my hair, and waiting for water. Then Ned and Brinson come into the bathroom, soaked. Apparently one of the fittings blew and flooded the game room worse than the first time and since B was sitting closest, got the brunt of it. I had to go over to Grammy and Grandfather's to rinse off.
Where am I now? Ah yes, so after all is said and done we THINK that the leaking for the most part has stopped. We had a great and very busy day yesterday. We had breakfast at Nana's, then drove to Katy to go to a store, then out to Grandfather's property to check out the progress of the coop and to pick dewberries. His chicks are in, and they are finishing up the coop. It's looking great.
I didn't take one pic yesterday but Ned did. In his infinite spare time he'll be posting them.
My week started horrendous but ended last night with me eating dewberries and ice cream for dinner. :P

No comments: