Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Scary night for Mommy

Well, we had our first "bad" night. Ned probably thinks I'm overreacting, but it scared the hell outta me. Friday, I had started Brin on some yogurt. I gave her 1tbsp in the morning...which she could've cared less about. I also ground up some of the "puffs" to add to her cereal for texture. Both were recommended by dietary/OT. I also gave her some apple prune juice...not much. And let's not forget the teeeeny taste of chocolate bundt cake from Daddy's bday.
Ok, so I'm up to feed her, and she's a bit refluxy. I go in to feed her and she had a huge poopy diaper. This makes #4 for the day. No diarrhea. After I get done feeding her, she vomits all over the crib and herself. I go wake Daddy up because I need help. We change her bed, her clothes and Daddy takes her to the living room. She vomits two more times on Daddy, once while she was asleep....and then has another huge diaper, this one is diarrhea. 5 bowel movements in 24 hrs.....ugh. Mommy, at this point, is trying not to panic. No fever, however she is crying thru the raspberries she keeps doing. Lots of refluxy coughing/gagging. We ended up taking out her NG tube, thinking that would give her some relief, but her belly got distended so we ended up putting it back in to remove the air. I bet we took out 50cc of air from her belly. She then seemed to rest better. Poor baby, she was so tired. :( She finally ended up going to sleep at 4am. I had decided not to call the MD since the episode stopped.
Then on Saturday, she didnt want to eat at all. She kept spitting out her food and milk, so we just NG fed her almost all day. Today, she is eating a minimal amount. She does still seem pretty refluxy too. She has had another BM today which was different in color than her "normal". No diarrhea, but close. Sorry to ramble, it just really freaked me out. I know she's going to get sick eventually, I'm just not prepared to see her so uncomfortable.
I'm planning on calling Dietary tomorrow, and my OT comes back on Tues. I'm not sure what caused all this..it came on really suddenly. My thoughts are it's the yogurt. Maybe she's lactose intolerant? Maybe she's just not tolerating? Kim (Zachary's mommy) told me they told her not to start him on yogurt for another month. I dont know........so frustrating.

3 comments:

Lizet said...

Sorry to hear that you had a bad night over the weekend. I hope that Brinson is feeling much better, and that you are feeling more calm! HUGS!

Anonymous said...

Lisa.. BREATHE... You being worried is just one part of being a mom..and it dont get any better.. She will be fine.. ask the doctor. Wendy Sullivan

Anonymous said...

meme is back and she will make it all better.....cathy